No Threads created
Advertisment

View Thread
The Blade Order » World of Warcraft » Warcraft Guides
 Print Thread
Anetheron tacs
heijaangel
Hello peeps

Now we have proven we can kill Rage its time for you ppl to learn the tacs on Anetheron (if you didnt do it already)

Movie:
Nice movie where tacs are axplained.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofxC0F...fxC0FGU8Mo
Another movie with tacs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUFkFG...UFkFGA6Muw

Tacs:
The trash waves are consisted of the same mobs as Rage Winterchill (see his page for more details), but there is a new mob that gets introduced.

Banshee: These mobs don't hit very hard, for they mostly shoot a ranged spell for 2k. However, the real trouble with these mobs come with their ability to put up a shield that absorbs all magic damage. It is recommended to have the melee take these down first.

Strat: The trash waves could be handled the exact same way as Rage Winterchill's trash, except if a wave contains Banshees, have your melee target them down. Keep the cc on the Shadowy Necromancers and have them be the second target of the melee group. Whenever a wave consists of 4 Shadowy Necromancers or more, your tanks need special attention. If they are coupled with 2 or more abominations and a few ghouls, more healing should be done. If you have a prot paladin, have him tank as many mobs as possible while the remaining offtanks pick up the abominations. Have the exact same kite paths as before, and make sure that at least one healer is paying attention to the kiting hunters (a lock with curse of exhaustion could do the job, albeit it is very risky, use a lock only if your hunters are KIA or you don't have 2 hunters).

Here are the trash waves:
1)10 ghouls
2) 4 abominations and 8 ghouls
3) 4 shadowy necromancers, 4 crypt fiends, and 4 ghouls
4) 2 banshees, 6 crypt fiends, and 4 ghouls -Banshees are introduced
5) 4 banshees, 6 crypt fiends, and 2 shadowy necromancers
6) 2 abominations, 4 shadowy necromancers, and 6 ghouls(!)
7) 4 abominations, 4 crypt fiends, and 4 banshees
8) 4 abominations, 3 crypt fiends, 2 banshees, 2 shadowy necromancers, and 3 ghouls
9) Anetheron

The boss Anetheron himself is a bit more difficult than Rage, but with good positioning he shouldn't be too difficult. As I mentioned before, it is recommended to have an offtank with some fire resistance gear (preferably a prot paladin, but a feral druid and a warrior could also do). His abilities are as follows.

Vampiric Aura: You can do absolutely nothing about this except to minimize the healing that he does. He gains as much health as the damage he deals, so have your rogues equipt wound poison before the encounter. Alternatively, have your hunters use aim shot or your warriors do mortal wound, but wound poison is much easier to maintain on the boss.

Sleep: He randomly puts this on few targets at a time. It cannot be dispelled, and as someone pointed out, if the slept target gets damaged, it will be gone. However, this sleep effect lasts a very long time.

Carrion Swarm: a cone shadow spell that damages everybody in the cone for ~5K and reduces the healing the damaged players DO (not receive) by 75%. It can be resisted, and the cone is about 90 degrees. It is completely random, and he can target npcs. The only way to cope with this effect is have your healers spread out in a circle around him so that only one or at most two healers get the carrion swarm at a time. The frequency that he uses this effect seems to be a bit random, but just count on that your raid should have a carrion swarm debuff on them at all times. Do not let the ranged bunch up, and have your melee spread out behind him as much as possible, for grouping players together means that that group will be carrion swarmed more often. Resto shamans are your friend in this encounter. While the carrion swarmed healers can't heal for much, a little bit is more than nothing at all, and this fight isn't an endurance fight.

Inferno: Every minute he'll randomly target a player and cast this spell on them. It is a 3 second cast, which gives the targeted player 3 seconds to run towards the fire resisted offtank by Jaina. The offtank should taunt the inferno (if he's a prot paladin) or intercept/feral charge it and drag it back to Jaina. The inferno hits fairly decent, but its true danger comes with its melee flame aura that hits for ~3.5k. A combination of carrion swarms and an inferno dropping on players could mean quick deaths, so make sure everyone's topped off at all times.

Strat: As mentioned before, the position for this fight is very important. Tank Anetheron at the big clearing just at the bottom of the entrance ramp. Make sure your healers are spread out equidistant from each other. One at the mountains to the right, one at the blacksmith's building, one at the riflemen/mages, etc. Your ranged should also spread out in a similar fashion. However, since the npcs and your melee are going to be behind Anetheron, make sure not a lot of ranged gather there. Have your offtank for the inferno stand at Jaina, with a dedicated healer even farther away to make sure that he/she doesn't get hit with carrion swarms. When the offtank gets the inferno, wait a few seconds and have all the ranged dps in the vicinity burn it down quickly. People often have a tendency to bunch up with dps'ing the inferno, make sure that doesn't happen. So long as your healers have the ability to keep everyone up through the carrion swarms and your offtank doesn't die from the inferno (ie it is taken down in time and the healer doesn't get swarmed), you should be fine. Drill it into your raid members' heads that they have to run towards the offtank the moment they're targeted with the inferno spell. A very common way to wipe is to have the inferno run loose in the melee and take everyone down with it; another way is for the offtank to run into the melee in order to pick the inferno up and have the offtank healer get carrion swarm in the process, leading to an offtank's death (hence a prot paladin's range taunt is very effective in this fight).
i.imgur.com/3TqrN.png
i43.tinypic.com/mtkq3a.png

What is SeX? SeX Is When A Boy Put His Location In A Girls Destination To Increase The Population Of The NeXt Generation. Do You Get My EXplanation? Or Do You Need a Demonstration?

There are 10 kinds of people. The 1's that understand binary and the 1's that dont.

Lewsterin
Very nice m8. Gonna be an interesting fight Grin
i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv94/Shendaynor/LewsterImbaSig.gif

Lewsterin Kinslayer
Proud member of The Blade Order.

-Gunslingers! To me!
-We will be tested this day fellas! Prove or Die!

Gangsta
Ok Rogues and a MS warrior on him when he does his vamperic aura. Black will be ready, but Gang will be depressed if he misses this Wink
Edited by Gangsta on 05-05-2008 10:17
i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv94/Shendaynor/GangsSpamSig.gif
worldofwarcraft.mmocluster.com/img_achievements/dee03a7b1358a74764a32db1c43d73df.jpg

Hit them little niggas with a freeze-pop, represent

Another Famous quote by Org when he's healing - "Its not my fault the tank dies. its his own fault. He got hit to much"

Lewsterin
Shut it Gang. You are gonna be right next to me casting Fort on group 1 + 2 & 3. Shen can handle MS.

Lewsterin Kinslayer

-Gunslingers! To me!

heijaangel

Lewsterin wrote:
Shut it Gang. You are gonna be right next to me casting Fort on group 1 + 2 & 3. Shen can handle MS.

Ye sorry Gangbang we need ya sloppy healing more. Shen can handle it or dont ya trust him anymore?? Pfft
i.imgur.com/3TqrN.png

What is SeX? SeX Is When A Boy Put His Location In A Girls Destination To Increase The Population Of The NeXt Generation. Do You Get My EXplanation? Or Do You Need a Demonstration?

There are 10 kinds of people. The 1's that understand binary and the 1's that dont.

Alchy
Shen is fury, not arms, but even so, rogues should be easily able to keep up would poison.

Hmm pala offtank with FR gear? Might be something for me to spend all those badges on after all

Lewsterin
Sounds good m8, seems like we found us an invincible fire tank. Now for the boss tank ... /tar Badusha. /cast Greater heal.

Lewsterin Kinslayer

-Gunslingers! To me!

heijaangel
Here is some extra usefull info:

www.jh-online.nl/images/anetheron-raid-positions.jpg

He goes for the first target he sees, sometimes an alliance knight. Thus, have him Misdirected to your main tank.

He hits quite hard: 3-6k on plate, so be careful. Everybody spread out, especially healers. Healers should be spread in such a way that there are no more than 2 healers in 10-20 yards of each other in any given area. If 2-3 healers get the Carrion Swarm debuff, they practically can't heal at all for 20s, in which a second Carrion Swarm will be cast and might kill the people they can't heal with their 75% reduced healing.

Main Tank healers are spread in such a way that there's always at least 2 healers unaffected by the Carrion Swarm.

Assign one tank with 2 healers on him for tanking the Towering Infernal.

Eventually he'll start casting Inferno on someone, which is a 3.5 second cast. At this moment, either the Infernal tank moves to the target, or the target moves to the Infernal tank, or both. The tank aggroes the Towering Infernal, and leads it to the tank spot. After about 10-15 seconds of building up aggro, every ranged DPS in the raid targets the Towering Infernal and gets it down fast. As soon as it is down, resume DPS on the boss.

Another Inferno will be cast one minute after the previous Inferno cast, and the process repeats itself.

If you couldn't get out of combat after the last wave and before Anetheron, and the Alliance NPCs couldn't fully recover their life, tank the Infernal at the Riflemen left of Jaina, so that you don't engage her into the fight and risk her death.

From time to time, Anetheron will use his Sleep abilitiy, which will sleep a random number of people. Thus, main tank healers need to make sure at least 1-2 of them are standing near a Tremor Totem in order not to leave the tank without a healer because of an unlucky Sleep and/or Carrion Swarm.

Tanks
Basically just tank. Taunt loose mobs, don't let them get on the casters, and be ready for AoE Taunt if anything goes wrong. At Anetheron, one of the protection tanks will tank Anetheron, the other the Infernal. When Anetheron falls below 10% don't hesitate to use Shield Wall to eliminate any possible Carrion Swarm/Sleep bad luck and secure your kill.

Fury Warriors, Feral Druids
If you're not tanking any mobs, make sure to Taunt mobs off the Alliance NPCs if the NPCs get low on health. Tank/interrupt the Shadowy Necromancers when it's their turn to go down. At Anetheron try to bandage yourseleves and use healing potions and Healthstones to help out your healers if they get the Carrion Swarm or are Sleeped.

Rogues
Focus on the single target damage of the pre-AoE targets, helping kill the AoE-d mobs after AoE is called, and finishing off the Shadowy Necromancers. Interrupt the Shadowy Necromancers when it's their turn to go down. At Anetheron, keep Wound Poison fully stacked on him at all times, and try to bandage yourself and use healing potions and Healthstones to help out your healers if they get the Carrion Swarm or are sleeped.

Mages
On the non-Abomination waves, position is irreleveant. In Abomination waves it's crucial to be out of melee range of the Abominations. Sheep the Shadowy Necromancers, counterspell their Shadowbolts, and keep an eye on the sheep. At Anetheron, focus DPS on Anetheron himself, and 10-15 seconds after the Infernal Tank has grabbed aggro, burn down the Infernal.

Warlocks
On the non-Abomination waves, position is irreleveant. In Abomination waves it's crucial to be out of melee range of the Abominations. Fear the Shadowy Necromancers if the sheeping isn't fast enough, but don't fear too much as chasing down the mobs saps raid DPS. At Anetheron, focus DPS on Anetheron himself, and 10-15 seconds after the Infernal Tank has grabbed aggro, burn down the Infernal.

Hunters
You'll be kiting the undead mobs to the back of the raid, to engage Jaina and the other mobs in the back into the fight. Use Aspect of the Cheetah if you're having troubles, and don't let the mobs hit you. Kite the mobs through the AoE whenever you can.

Healers
At the trash, simply keep the raid alive. Shamans and Paladins help out the AoE with Magma Totems, Holy Wrath, and Consecration. At Anetheron, don't stay close to each other. Ask a nearby healer to throw you a heal if you get the Carrion Swarm. Stay near a Tremor Totem to prevent the sleep.
Edited by heijaangel on 22-05-2008 07:05
i.imgur.com/3TqrN.png

Fisty
Wink
A litle angry mage, that is me..
Fisty Mage 80 profile: Enchanter Tailer
Nevar Prist 80
Náin Hunter 80

lisele

Good job Angel!!! Pfft

hazuki
you slacking at work again Smile
Warlock are mages who conquered there fear of the shadows
There may be war, there may be chaos but one thing will overrule them all TOTAL DESTRUCTION!

Hazuki / 70 Warlock / tail 410 * herb 450
Hazukar / 58 paladin /mining ? * bs ?

heijaangel

hazuki wrote:
you slacking at work again Smile

sssttt! dude, dont tell any1!
i.imgur.com/3TqrN.png

s
On the picture i saw that they place all the ranged dps on one side of the boss. Is not not better to also spread them out around the boss so when his 90 degree spells hits if affects as little people as possible. Like the info says.. it does not only leave a debuff but also do dmg.

Multitasker
They need to be able to dps the infernals and they cant if they are on the other side, also if they are targeted by the infernal spell the wont make it to the OT in time, or at least thats how it sounds to me, looking forward to trying this, oh and Nice intel gathering there Angel Grin
Edited by Multitasker on 20-06-2008 14:03
Multitasker - 80 - Druid <-- Main.
Shadeseeker - 80 - Rogue
Sharpsight - 80 - Hunter
Taldaris - 80 - Paladin
Sangdrax - 71 - Mage

Loyal soldier of The Blade Order...

[CENTER]www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]

s
well you got time enough to run to the other side.... even if you do not make it.. you could use miss-direct to help the OT. Problem is you do not always have 2 hunters in raid.. but you prob do not need ALL range dps to bring down a infernal.
Edited by s on 20-06-2008 14:11

Multitasker
you need to kill it before getting back on the boss and with only 3,5 sec to first react stop casting and then get to the OT u wont have time enough no, since he will do a 3,5K aoe burn aura around him u cant risk him spawning in the middle of the group cause of someone who just had to finish casting or just didnt see it fast enough, and using MD wont make any difference since u still need the targeted person to move away from the raid and to the tank anyway.
Edited by Multitasker on 20-06-2008 14:43
Shadeseeker - 80 - Rogue
Sharpsight - 80 - Hunter
Taldaris - 80 - Paladin
Sangdrax - 71 - Mage

[CENTER]www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]

s
hmm kinda weird to build a tactic to aspect people not to do what they should be doing Pfft.. deadly boss mods will know who get's the infernal debuff so you can shout on teamspeak to that to move xD... and well.. if you get the debuff just break off your cast and run xD

if you have all the casters on 1 side... you will have a change you have alot of aoe dmg on the whole raid because the cone prob is gonna hit alot of people every time...kinda a luck factor then....and the aoe range of the fire around the infernal is not that big so just move when he runs towards you.

everthing can work.. seen all range on infernal and i did it with a small group dedicated on the infernal. Best thing is just give a go and adjust the tactic to your raid and way of playing Smile atleast that is what i think ^^

most important things is to try that the raid does not get alot of dmg and you get the infernals out of the raid and kill it before the next one drops. How you do it... well...that discussion can go for ever xD

Multitasker
Well clearly u have this down better then me so wont waste my breath trying to explain my point to u anymore, exept to say that we are not a Hardcore raiding guild and things work different when u have a new crew everytime m8´.. but at least we have fun with it, so anyways looking forward to trying this with the rest of the family Tbo
Shadeseeker - 80 - Rogue
Sharpsight - 80 - Hunter
Taldaris - 80 - Paladin
Sangdrax - 71 - Mage

heijaangel
Dear Taldaris, Mister Skywatcher is a real life friend of my. I told him all about TBO so he knows what TBO stands for. He killed this boss several times before, so he know what he's talking about Wink
He only try's to help us out Smile
i.imgur.com/3TqrN.png

sunsetfunk
Gl guys,
we only got him to 70% on our first try, so figured Id share some of my limited experience; main thing to look out for is spacing everyone out well and OTs need to quickly tank and build solid aggro on the infernals; if DPS nuke too soon then the tank doesnt have time to get aggro. North, east, South and west healers works pretty well too. You will probably have more dps than we had as we had 8 healers and 4 tanks,so nuking the infernals down should be a breeze. Oh, and misdirects are very much your friend here too!
Best of luck- not that you'll need it Smile

Funk (Soulbound)

(Oh, and we had no rogues, so wound poison will definitley help!)
Edited by sunsetfunk on 20-06-2008 23:36

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
Any one still really use this website?

Yep
Yep
14% [2 Votes]

Only very ocassionally
Only very ocassionally
71% [10 Votes]

Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
14% [2 Votes]

Votes: 14
You must login to vote.
Started: 28/10/2018 12:48

Polls Archive
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

01-01-2024 13:01
happy new year !

08-06-2023 10:47
Shock

12-11-2022 02:07
Thanks for keeping the site alive <3

08-11-2022 07:59
Hi! How are you guys? How life is treating you? Just growing older, building our lives, finding no time, the usual stuff... Grin

18-11-2021 16:32
Been working from home since march last year - but walk away from taht laptop at 4pm not to return til 7:30 next day! lol you?

08-11-2021 07:31
How are you doing guys? Working from home day and night, or quit your job? Kisses!

07-06-2021 20:22
still alive, TBC classic on the menu these days!

26-04-2020 19:50
Hi Guys! Not playing wow but still alive! How are you all? Kisses! Wink

27-01-2020 13:49
I played Classic until I was nearly level 60. It needs The Burning Crusade really for me though. I am lurking around Daggerspine again for a while, trying to get used to the changes lol

24-01-2020 09:29
Komodo (Antique) and Thebizzy are playing WoW classic these days. You're more than welcome to join us if you'd like. We're on the Bloodfang server =)

08-01-2020 18:26
Hey guys, Hope you are all well for 2020! Still think about our old raiding days and honestly miss it and you lot. xxx

08-09-2019 21:11
Hello! How is everyone? Are some of us still playing? Wow classic maybe? I miss the whole thing... kisses!

10-08-2019 14:34
there is a tbo discord server now https://discord.gg
/pfBNpyg

10-08-2019 13:33
doing a great job keeping the page alive ! so clasit where are we going ?

20-12-2018 22:25
TBO FOREVER! Grin

Top Top  3,395,289 unique visits  Top Top