Hottest Threads
No Threads created
Advertisment

View Thread
The Blade Order » World of Warcraft » Professions
 Print Thread
Recruiting willing members!
Dust
Hey there folks. Grab yourself a beer, coke, soda, coffee, smoke or whatever you like... this is likely to become a wall of text that'll crit you, but hopefully it'll be a healing crit, rather than a killing crit.

Intro:

Now that Richard (Alchy) has taken over the throne from Kim (Thebizzy) we're going to try to introduce a couple of new concepts into the guild. Altzu and myself have been put in charge of a commerce system which we need help with from YOU. This in order to utilize the advantages of the Guild Bank and to help our overall raiding progression now that we have the new Raid Leader (latest additions Claus (Celex) and Mato) which will hopefully boost the amount of raiding we do.

Concept:

The whole idea is to have raid crafts available at any time in the Guild Bank for our members to use in hopes of progressing further in the game. This means the following system will be implemented in order to help us clear Ulduar primarily.

Some of the reasons we want to implement this commerce system is;
- to involve members who don't raid much, but want to help out in some way
- hopefully not rip you off and demand you contribute to the guild bank without getting anything in return
- let members have a shot at doing something they think is worthwhile
- give members an alternative income source (in effect) that helps both the member and the guild.

What am i talking about?

We need YOU, the invaluable members of The Blade Order, to help us gather materials for raid crafts and we'll pay you for the work!

How does this work?:

We will set up a list of all the materials that we need for various crafts that are relavent for raid progression. This will primarily be Flasks and Buff foods, and in the beginning, this will be our main focus for the commerce system.

This list will include how much we want to have in the guild bank at any given time, and what we are willing to pay for the materials. Since we will be setting up prices relative to the Auction House prices, it will be dynamic and prices may change from time to time. The reason for this is simple;
- We won't pay AH prices
- but we don't want to set the price for materials too low so that you as a member don't want to sell the materials to us
- and hopefully having dynamic prices will encourage you as a member to consider selling materials to us for a smaller profit than on the AH.

So how do you get paid? Have a look at the prices we are currently working with (check the Stickey in Professions tab of the forums) and how many stacks we want to have of each material listed... if you then have a look in the Guild Bank, you can see whether we are in need of materials. Example:

The Sticky says we want 10 stacks of Lichbloom at all times. We currently have 8 stacks (you just checked the guild bank status Wink ) and you happen to have 2 stacks on you. Sweet!!

Then what? Lichbloom goes for xx gold per stack, so you send the stack in a CoD (Cash on Delivery) to me (Dust) and i'll put it in the guild bank for you... and you get paid Smile Obviously, if you see any officers idling in Dalaran, you can always ask them to do it directly.

Once we have all the mats the officers will make the flasks and buff foods to fill up the quota we want to have, and opening the possibility for aquiring (buying) more mats from the guild members. These mats will then be taken along to raids by the Raid Leaders/Officers and sold to the raid members for a nice price. The advantages of this?;
- Prices will be competitive to the Auction House
- The people who are too lazy will have access to the buffs required for progress raids
- If you don't have the professions to make the buff foods yoursel, you can get them cheaper from the guild rather than emptying your pockets for the same stuff at the Auction House
- And i bet the best part is, you don't have to say "sorry, i forgot my buff stuff tonight" or "i haven't had time to grind." Wink

Other info:

Its important to state that this is a trial system that we will consider implementing fully at a later stage. We, the officers, hope that this will be a good initiative to include more of the members and improve raiding. Also, if the system works as well as we're hoping it potentially can, we might even expand the materials and items that the guild will buy from the members.

We are also looking at this as an opportunity to keep the guild bank "clean" of items that don't have any use and just gather dust by doing guild auctions of gear and items when they become out of date or "obsolete," before we use the Auction House to uphold our liquidity in the bank.
Edited by Dust on 06-06-2009 21:08
--We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and just a little bit scary.--

Dust - Level 85 paladin (Ret)
Antique - Level 85 druid (Feral dps/pvp resto)
Komodo - Level 82 Rogue (DPS... if you can call it that)
Azâzel - Level 85 Shaman (Restoration/DPS)

http://web.mac.com/henrik_voss
Heddy
This sounds like an awesome idea! Hedwinkle needs a second profession (I know slackercity, I got skinning for the extra crit rate and never ever bothered with a second) so might pick up herbing and start grinding them mats, also level me some fishing at the same time Grin!
Hed's dead baby, Hed's dead.

http://www.twitch.tv/gnubbz
Heffa
I'll help - you can count on me Smile
Cheers Zapporah (ex-Heffa) x

www.zetbit.com/sig-926290.jpg

Kogirly
I will put in some herbs if you need them. I can grind some on Holie, but the fishes I use myself in raids so I think I will keep them but if I have tons of them I will put them in the bank Smile

If you need any gems in bank I have tons of them, just shout Smile

mato
souds like a sweet deal to me .
bildr.no/thumb/481397.jpeg

Dust
Hey guys... looks like we got some nice responses here Smile Had a nice chat with Chelle already about it, and i'd appreciate it if anyone else is interested, please whisper me when you see me online, and we can go through some of together.

We might also change the prices a little bit more, and in your favour i might add. Considering some of the calculations we've done, the guild bank can afford quite a bit more. We're not trying to make a monthly profit of 10k gold. Just enough to stay afloat and have some cash on the side for any circumstances that arise. We are in the works on other ideas for the guild banks use Wink Stay tuned
--We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and just a little bit scary.--

Dust - Level 85 paladin (Ret)
Antique - Level 85 druid (Feral dps/pvp resto)
Komodo - Level 82 Rogue (DPS... if you can call it that)
Azâzel - Level 85 Shaman (Restoration/DPS)

http://web.mac.com/henrik_voss
Athilla
hmm guess i could trow in some Lw powahhh myself ^^
i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt267/eridan90/athilla-3.jpg

NItrox
Sounds like an awesome system Dust!
I am sure it will work, it is a bit late to post this but but^^

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
Any one still really use this website?

Yep
Yep
14% [2 Votes]

Only very ocassionally
Only very ocassionally
71% [10 Votes]

Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
14% [2 Votes]

Votes: 14
You must login to vote.
Started: 28/10/2018 12:48

Polls Archive
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

01-01-2024 13:01
happy new year !

08-06-2023 10:47
Shock

12-11-2022 02:07
Thanks for keeping the site alive <3

08-11-2022 07:59
Hi! How are you guys? How life is treating you? Just growing older, building our lives, finding no time, the usual stuff... Grin

18-11-2021 16:32
Been working from home since march last year - but walk away from taht laptop at 4pm not to return til 7:30 next day! lol you?

08-11-2021 07:31
How are you doing guys? Working from home day and night, or quit your job? Kisses!

07-06-2021 20:22
still alive, TBC classic on the menu these days!

26-04-2020 19:50
Hi Guys! Not playing wow but still alive! How are you all? Kisses! Wink

27-01-2020 13:49
I played Classic until I was nearly level 60. It needs The Burning Crusade really for me though. I am lurking around Daggerspine again for a while, trying to get used to the changes lol

24-01-2020 09:29
Komodo (Antique) and Thebizzy are playing WoW classic these days. You're more than welcome to join us if you'd like. We're on the Bloodfang server =)

08-01-2020 18:26
Hey guys, Hope you are all well for 2020! Still think about our old raiding days and honestly miss it and you lot. xxx

08-09-2019 21:11
Hello! How is everyone? Are some of us still playing? Wow classic maybe? I miss the whole thing... kisses!

10-08-2019 14:34
there is a tbo discord server now https://discord.gg
/pfBNpyg

10-08-2019 13:33
doing a great job keeping the page alive ! so clasit where are we going ?

20-12-2018 22:25
TBO FOREVER! Grin

Top Top  3,445,156 unique visits  Top Top