Top wod thoughts?
Hottest Threads
No Threads created
Advertisment

View Thread
 Print Thread
Aion Online
Maleficus
I dunno if any of you guys seen the videos of this upcoming legendary MMO. I myself will defo play this ****.
Aion Online is currently on beta stage and the Europe Release Date is 25th of September.

Here are some videos , Enjoy.

Cinematic Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2f3j1...2f3j1u0zms

Classes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8E2IF...8E2IFbwO3w

Random Gameplay: (the music is original game sound)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwv78...Ywv78vSoFU

Character Creation (awesome):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUCllO...UCllOtPHq4

Assassin pwning Gladiator:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu2Xed...u2XedTxEcU
Edited by Maleficus on 28-07-2009 14:01
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it."

Heddy
Nothing will ever topple WoW from the top spot imo, it certainly does sound interesting enough for me to try it
Edited by Heddy on 28-07-2009 13:50
Hed's dead baby, Hed's dead.

http://www.twitch.tv/gnubbz
Maleficus
If any game will get the crown of WoW , it'll be this game imo. Smile
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it."

Heddy
I will be forever sceptical Pfft only time will tell i guess Grin

Heddy
having had another look into this recently I am actually really excited about release and will definatly be picking up a copy...

One of two things will happen...

1. I will love Aion and will be gone from WoW for a long while (probably untill the expansion is released)

2. I will hate it and it will re-ignite my motivation to play WoW

I have a feeling i'm going to love it. I need something else to play because WoW is beginning to drag on so bad, Hedwinkle is as geared as he's gonna get from running heroics for conquest stuffy, and I can only really improve gear from ToC and getting lucky in VoA - it's depressing, I only ever log on for the banter and have very little to no interest in actually playing, with the exception of the odd raid...

roll on AION! hopefully those from the guild who are going to be playing can all arange summit to get us all on the same server and stuff - that'd be awesome Grin
Edited by Heddy on 17-09-2009 10:51

Tom
played through closed and open beta and its very very good, the crafting system actualy requirs effort instead of making 10000 copper tubes to skill it up, the pvp is actualy very nicely balanced, in theory for group combat but its also fairly even on 1v1 fights.

gear doesnt have amazing uber stats on it even at high lvls, some have complained abaout this as they feel theres not as much prgression but tbh ur still going to get getter stats with better gear and it realy helps balance the pvp where at last its skill>gear.

pre order people make there chars on the 18th and can start lvling on the 20th and as far as i know there rest start playing on the 22nd (unless thats been changed since i last looked), its 100% one to check out tho Smile

ill be on the caster uk server so if anyone does try it out drop in and say hi Pfft.
sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/8/6/1/3/9/4586139yVhBx.png
"Tanking is skill, Dps is science, Healing is art"

mato
all i se is a wow clone doing the same mistakes as age of conana , over focusing on graphics .

i have a fealing most mmo ppl are not playing on cutting eage conmputers and that is on huge point for wow , you dont need the latest in computers to get a good experience in it .

this game has heavey min requiermets for a pc and i will deffenty no be trying it , as i wood need a new pc costing a smale fortune .
bildr.no/thumb/481397.jpeg

Maleficus
I hate it when people compares every mmo to WoW. WoW might be the best seller but it actually has almost nothing original. Almost everything that wow has, has been ripped off from another game.
Aion is not focusing on graphics, read up what bubbler wrote.
I myself play wow with around 60-70 fps while playing aion with around 55-65. So you wont need to spend fortune to be able to play it.
However, Aion has some down sides ofc. Such as the enchantment system and small content. But trust me if you're bored as hell doing the same thing over and over again in WoW, Aion will be your remedy Smile

Btw thumbs up for the Profession System in Aion. You can actually have fun while doing your professions Smile
Edited by Maleficus on 17-09-2009 14:27

Heddy
...what Tuna said.

mato wrote:
i have a fealing most mmo ppl are not playing on cutting eage conmputers and that is on huge point for wow , you dont need the latest in computers to get a good experience in it.

This may have some truth, but in a recent patch (by recent i mean after 3.0) Blizzard implemented an uber facemeltingly awesome new graphic setting, for all the players that play on cutting edge machines. The fact blizzard done this must mean there is enough people out there that would benefit from it, else Blizz wouldn't have wasted the time nor money developing it.

Anyways yes Aion is not WoW, it may have some similarities (leveling, professions, quests etc - as with all MMORPG's) but the thing i'm most excited about is the fact it's not WoW...it's not the same grind, the fact that it's more visually appealing is an added bonus for me.

I, too, was like "pfft yea whatever Aion is never gonna be better than WoW" and i'm still saying that tbh but it does things better than WoW, and of course WoW does things better than Aion I would pressume.

I can't say any more than that till i've actaully played it for a while - so we'll soon find out Grin

Maleficus
Oh btw most of the Team Infidel (Me,Dgtall and Versi for sure and maybe Breador) will be playing Aion when it's released. We'll be on Asmodian side. Join our forces if you want Smile
Edited by Maleficus on 17-09-2009 14:56

Tom
the thing that annoys me the most about people comparing new mmo's to wow is how they seem to comepltely forget that wow has had ALOT of time to develope and add to the game to make it whats it is now, people start the new mmo expecting it to already be comepletely ready and have everything they want blah blah. to those that managed to try out wow beta or was there for the first few days/ weeks im sure ull remeber the bug fest that was wow Smile

atm aion has too few quests meaning u will at some point have to grind mobs abit to lvl, hopefully thisl be sorted soon with an increase to the quest exp wich atm is lower than it should be. and they need to add a patch to touch up the casting animatin when turning, but apart from those small thing its so far going very smoothly.

Tom
and even if the whole game does suck giant balls Pfft finding your way to the highest point u can find jumping off and gliding through the awsome enviroments makes upfor it by far XD

Valeria
Look, it's this month's WoWkiller!
Seriously, give it 3-4 months then you decide if it's worth to continue paying the subscription or going back to WoW. A couple fancy videos are not enough, most similar games start interesting, but end up boring and repetitive due to the lack of support, content, development progress etc etc
Edited by Valeria on 17-09-2009 16:39
img241.imageshack.us/img241/1302/warningbg5.png

Maleficus
It's not couple of fancy videos that made up my mind mate, i've played in both closed beta and open beta. I might probably get bored eventually, but it's far better than jumping around in IF atm Smile

Tom
ofc aion wont be a wow killer, its not such an easy game to get into. one of the main reasons wow is so popular is because of how easy it is to get into it and stuck into it. its got just the right balance of keeping things very easy and allowing people who want to to min max there chars and make things a little more complicated the chance to do so.

im very much hopeing that aion will get a community along the lines of eve online wich is the oposite of wow in that its complicated wether or not u looking for that Pfft

so no it wont kill wow, but i can see it being one were gonna see sticking around for a decent amount of time. this ofc being dependant on how much of an impact the droolworthy new mmo's on there way will have on the market.
Edited by Tom on 17-09-2009 21:31

Drakess
I've seen all this excitement before with Warhammer Online, that was fun for all of 2 weeks, then i found WoW better so went back to that. Basically dont just it on videos and hype...play the game and pick you're favourite Smile I for one will be giving this a go Smile
Drakess 85 Hunter :: Drakeals 85 Priest :: Drakeon 70 Rogue :: Drakawarf 80 Paladin :: Dramage 51 Mage :: Drakexy 19 Hunter Twink

http://DaveTheRave650.bebo.com
Versipellis
yeah some worth giving it a try.. but some doesn't even worth it.. this one seems to worth it.. so we' ll see : )
www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/6/2/9/3/2/2362932nlaAG.png
DPS with a "tude".. How suprising..

You can run.. But you just die tired..

Zentyr
I've literally just pre-ordered this tonight in order to get playing tomorrow, it was a toss up between this and Champion's Online. After reading about the multitude of flaws in the latter I decided on this. And, it's apparently the most pre-ordered MMO ever. Okay that just suggests hype, but surely it's got to warrant that many pre-orders on merit as well?

Well I'll find out tomorrow!

What server and faction will people be playing on?

Still need to decide on what class to play as well!

Tom
server -caster (asmo)
char -xyas (21glad)

found one other playing on that server so if anyone else is add me, and if anyone knows a decent legion on that server let me know Smile.

Heddy
I freaking love this game! Grin

I got it today and omfg! i'm not usually one to be suckered in by nice looking graphics - but the game looks fantastics - and it plays so smooth, the UI is clean and simple and combat is superb.

I'm playing on the Tele-whatever server (english realm - can't remember the actual name haha)

level7 so far, playing a Eylos mage called Cam...Zentyr is also kicking with me and his guy is called...Zentyr Grin

I would recommend giving this a whirl, it will not disapoint - I think even all you sceptics will like it Grin
Edited by Heddy on 25-09-2009 22:06

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
Any one still really use this website?

Yep
Yep
14% [2 Votes]

Only very ocassionally
Only very ocassionally
71% [10 Votes]

Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
14% [2 Votes]

Votes: 14
You must login to vote.
Started: 28/10/2018 12:48

Polls Archive
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

01-01-2024 13:01
happy new year !

08-06-2023 10:47
Shock

12-11-2022 02:07
Thanks for keeping the site alive <3

08-11-2022 07:59
Hi! How are you guys? How life is treating you? Just growing older, building our lives, finding no time, the usual stuff... Grin

18-11-2021 16:32
Been working from home since march last year - but walk away from taht laptop at 4pm not to return til 7:30 next day! lol you?

08-11-2021 07:31
How are you doing guys? Working from home day and night, or quit your job? Kisses!

07-06-2021 20:22
still alive, TBC classic on the menu these days!

26-04-2020 19:50
Hi Guys! Not playing wow but still alive! How are you all? Kisses! Wink

27-01-2020 13:49
I played Classic until I was nearly level 60. It needs The Burning Crusade really for me though. I am lurking around Daggerspine again for a while, trying to get used to the changes lol

24-01-2020 09:29
Komodo (Antique) and Thebizzy are playing WoW classic these days. You're more than welcome to join us if you'd like. We're on the Bloodfang server =)

08-01-2020 18:26
Hey guys, Hope you are all well for 2020! Still think about our old raiding days and honestly miss it and you lot. xxx

08-09-2019 21:11
Hello! How is everyone? Are some of us still playing? Wow classic maybe? I miss the whole thing... kisses!

10-08-2019 14:34
there is a tbo discord server now https://discord.gg
/pfBNpyg

10-08-2019 13:33
doing a great job keeping the page alive ! so clasit where are we going ?

20-12-2018 22:25
TBO FOREVER! Grin

Top Top  3,448,623 unique visits  Top Top