Advertisment

View Thread
The Blade Order » World of Warcraft » Warcraft Chat
 Print Thread
How to improve your latency in 10seconds
Valeria
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads...cyFix.html

What does it do?

Leatrix Latency Fix will reduce your World of Warcraft latency significantly by increasing the frequency of TCP acknowledgements sent to the game server. For the technically minded, this is a script which will modify TCPAckFrequency.

You will also see reduced latency in other online games such as Aion, Warhammer and Lord of the Rings. The average reduction in latency (based on feedback from comments) is 66%. Click the Change Log tab above to see a summary of player feedback.

System Requirements

Leatrix Latency Fix is supported on these operating systems only.

* Windows XP (SP2 or higher)
* Windows Vista (SP1 or higher)
* Windows 7

Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows are supported.
Macintosh users should read the relevant section in the FAQ below.

Installation Instructions

In the download, you'll find 3 script files - Install, Remove and Checker. Simply run the Install script and follow the prompts (as shown here).

If you're logged into your computer with an account which doesn't have Administator privileges (or you're using Windows Vista or Windows 7 with User Account Control enabled), you'll be prompted to enter the credentials of a user account which has Administrator privileges (as shown here).

After the installation, you should see a confirmation window (as shown here). Simply do what it says and restart your computer. If you don't see a confirmation window, or have any other problems with any of the scripts, read the FAQ below.

Once you've restarted your computer, you can login to Wow with reduced latency!

If you want to be sure that Leatrix Latency Fix is installed at any time, run the Checker script and it'll tell you (as shown here). To uninstall Leatrix Latency Fix, run the Remove script.

How It Works

Wow uses the TCP protocol which requires that network segments sent to your computer be acknowledged in order to provide a reliable connection.

Windows bundles these acknowledgements together and sends them in pairs. While this is an efficient way of dealing with them generally, the inevitable delays caused by the bundling process increase latency considerably.

This is because when Windows queues up an acknowledgement in order to bundle it with the following one, the game server has to wait for the acknowledgement timer to expire before sending new data.

Leatrix Latency Fix removes the acknowledgement bundling process so that an acknowledgement is sent immediately for every segment that's received. This produces a significant reduction in latency as there is no longer a delay before new data is sent to your computer.

In a normal networking environment, you would prioritise network efficiency over latency and use the Windows defaults, but in Wow the opposite is true and you want the lowest latency you can possibly get.
Edited by Valeria on 22-11-2009 22:51
img241.imageshack.us/img241/1302/warningbg5.png

Gangsta
That script is also something you can do by yourself, if you are a pro at fiddling in the registry Pfft which i aint, so ill try this i think Grin
i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv94/Shendaynor/GangsSpamSig.gif
worldofwarcraft.mmocluster.com/img_achievements/dee03a7b1358a74764a32db1c43d73df.jpg

Hit them little niggas with a freeze-pop, represent

Another Famous quote by Org when he's healing - "Its not my fault the tank dies. its his own fault. He got hit to much"

Lewsterin
KEYLOGGAR!!!!!!!
i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv94/Shendaynor/LewsterImbaSig.gif

Lewsterin Kinslayer
Proud member of The Blade Order.

-Gunslingers! To me!
-We will be tested this day fellas! Prove or Die!

Heddy
reported
Hed's dead baby, Hed's dead.

http://www.twitch.tv/gnubbz
Valeria
I found it in the arenajunkies forums, it seems everyone there is using it, since latency can have a major effect when it comes to Arena games.

This program is awesome, my latency dropped from 150+ to 45ms. Smile

mato
need to test this , i noticed a bit more latency going over to win 7
bildr.no/thumb/481397.jpeg

mato
worked like a charm , whent from ~250 to round ~90 so thanks Wink

niellyn
gonna try it today. Thanks for sharing Val Smile

Versipellis
are there any side effects val? like slowing down the regular internet connection .. cause for me every good thing comes with a problem : ) i'm just a bit sceptic about everything lol
www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/6/2/9/3/2/2362932nlaAG.png
DPS with a "tude".. How suprising..

You can run.. But you just die tired..

Valeria

Versipellis wrote:
are there any side effects val? like slowing down the regular internet connection .. cause for me every good thing comes with a problem : ) i'm just a bit sceptic about everything lol

None at all. And you can easily remove it in case you want to.

Versipellis
lovely.. approved..
www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/6/2/9/3/2/2362932nlaAG.png
DPS with a "tude".. How suprising..

You can run.. But you just die tired..

Shienna
WTB thread thats improving your FPS by just as much..

wowittaja.net/charsig/sig/1861.png
Locks - When a pro(t) warrior just isn't enough

Cuteprincess
Yes my problem seems to be framerate - Anyone have any ideas?

Valeria

Cuteprincess wrote:
Yes my problem seems to be framerate - Anyone have any ideas?

Update your graphics card drivers for start, make sure you use at least 2GB of RAM, if not upgrade to 2GB. It's very cheap and will notice a big difference ingame.

mato
lowering graphis settings altso helps but ther is clear drawback doing so Pfft

niellyn
something that always helps with having better fps is disabling Vertical Sync. Old trick from my Counterstrike days that helped a lot with other games too. You just go on your video cards settings and choose disable on default of Vertical sync (usually it's on "Application-controlled" . On nvidia menus you can find vertical sync on the list of "Performance and Quality" Settings
Hope that helps a bit

mato
il bump this up , it realy works Wink

Drakess
im tempted to download this...but TCP hacks scare me Sad
Drakess 85 Hunter :: Drakeals 85 Priest :: Drakeon 70 Rogue :: Drakawarf 80 Paladin :: Dramage 51 Mage :: Drakexy 19 Hunter Twink

http://DaveTheRave650.bebo.com
mato
its safe , i run it and have not been hacked , ever .

Jaz
stickied

http://www.thebladeorder.com
Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
Any one still really use this website?

Yep
Yep
14% [2 Votes]

Only very ocassionally
Only very ocassionally
71% [10 Votes]

Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
14% [2 Votes]

Votes: 14
You must login to vote.
Started: 28/10/2018 12:48

Polls Archive
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

01-01-2024 13:01
happy new year !

08-06-2023 10:47
Shock

12-11-2022 02:07
Thanks for keeping the site alive <3

08-11-2022 07:59
Hi! How are you guys? How life is treating you? Just growing older, building our lives, finding no time, the usual stuff... Grin

18-11-2021 16:32
Been working from home since march last year - but walk away from taht laptop at 4pm not to return til 7:30 next day! lol you?

08-11-2021 07:31
How are you doing guys? Working from home day and night, or quit your job? Kisses!

07-06-2021 20:22
still alive, TBC classic on the menu these days!

26-04-2020 19:50
Hi Guys! Not playing wow but still alive! How are you all? Kisses! Wink

27-01-2020 13:49
I played Classic until I was nearly level 60. It needs The Burning Crusade really for me though. I am lurking around Daggerspine again for a while, trying to get used to the changes lol

24-01-2020 09:29
Komodo (Antique) and Thebizzy are playing WoW classic these days. You're more than welcome to join us if you'd like. We're on the Bloodfang server =)

08-01-2020 18:26
Hey guys, Hope you are all well for 2020! Still think about our old raiding days and honestly miss it and you lot. xxx

08-09-2019 21:11
Hello! How is everyone? Are some of us still playing? Wow classic maybe? I miss the whole thing... kisses!

10-08-2019 14:34
there is a tbo discord server now https://discord.gg
/pfBNpyg

10-08-2019 13:33
doing a great job keeping the page alive ! so clasit where are we going ?

20-12-2018 22:25
TBO FOREVER! Grin

Top Top  3,392,818 unique visits  Top Top