Top wod thoughts?
Hottest Threads
No Threads created
Advertisment

View Thread
 Print Thread
Your never to old to play WoW
heijaangel
Here is an interview I found on a forum. Its translated from a German site.

Hello Guenter, when were you born and where?

On the 29th October 1926 in Breslau, Schlesien (today Wrozlav Poland)

You are thus 80 years old and become a proud 81 in few days. That is indeed a fantastic age. One can hardly believe it, but you actually play World OF Warcraft. How did you get into it?

By my grandchild Andre "Petzo" Heinecke, he showed me how to play WoW and me then also got me in his guild.

Which class do you play? Which level is your character?

I play a hunter, with whom I stand briefly before level 70, not least owing to my grandchild and the very helpful people of my guild. I enjoy it much, getting to contact so many helpful and open young humans. It is mad, how people help one another, no matter how old or young the fellow players are. I play horde? Yes, since my grandchild plays on the horde side, the alliance was never applicable for me.

Do you make the Quests priority or do spend time in instances with "younger" colleagues?

Yes, I do primarily Quests, since instances or groups of more than three participants for me make the play too stressful.

You also use team speak, that is class! Do you sometimes picked on because you sound yourself a little "older" than the rest of the quite recent community?

No, because most know my age and find it to cool that I play.

If your character reached level 70, do you plan to then stop or to begin perhaps another "Twink"?

How long I will continue to play, depends on how long I can more or less play as "solo". I have begun other classes, however, I wanted to only concentrate on the hunter.

What do the people surrounding you (Wife, family, friends) think about your hobby? Do they accept you as an inspired computer player?

My daughters find it mad that I play, they are proud on their father. In particular I play strategy and structure games; keeps me mentally completely and beautifully fit. The granddaughters find also very the cool, thus the family find that mad, with the exception of my wife, who's understanding has worn off somewhat, however, she tolerates me in the meanwhile.

You play on a Role-Play server. What do you say as an experienced and wise human about conversational language on the Realms? Nevertheless to a large extent, it is very childlike behaviour in Chat - does that bother you, how the players go around with one another?

Experienced am I, but in no case wise. If I chat with players, who are not in our guild, I must state again and again that conversational language is correct and very polite. Nettikette (Ettikette in the net) is a matter of course, I find here.

Will you play also the coming expansion "Wrath Of the Lich King"?

I don't yet have an opinion, since I have not seen any information about it.

Can you tell us briefly, what constituted a large part of your life? Which occupation did you have? Were you always an inspired computer player? This kind play arose at the end of the 80's... you were 60 then....

I play different games. I began with "the settlers" and played other similar games. Vocationally I had already in the 60's of the last century (sounds good!) to do with EDP. Therefore perhaps the fascination for bits and bytes. With my enthusiasm for the possibilities of the computers I passed on to my daughter. Perhaps I also passed a little onto my grandchild, who is also a computer Freak.

Guenter, thank you for your time and the interview. Wishing you still much more fun and success in the World Of Warcraft!

i.imgur.com/3TqrN.png
i43.tinypic.com/mtkq3a.png

What is SeX? SeX Is When A Boy Put His Location In A Girls Destination To Increase The Population Of The NeXt Generation. Do You Get My EXplanation? Or Do You Need a Demonstration?

There are 10 kinds of people. The 1's that understand binary and the 1's that dont.

hazuki
cool and funny Grin
Warlock are mages who conquered there fear of the shadows
There may be war, there may be chaos but one thing will overrule them all TOTAL DESTRUCTION!

Hazuki / 70 Warlock / tail 410 * herb 450
Hazukar / 58 paladin /mining ? * bs ?

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
Any one still really use this website?

Yep
Yep
14% [2 Votes]

Only very ocassionally
Only very ocassionally
71% [10 Votes]

Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
14% [2 Votes]

Votes: 14
You must login to vote.
Started: 28/10/2018 12:48

Polls Archive
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

01-01-2024 13:01
happy new year !

08-06-2023 10:47
Shock

12-11-2022 02:07
Thanks for keeping the site alive <3

08-11-2022 07:59
Hi! How are you guys? How life is treating you? Just growing older, building our lives, finding no time, the usual stuff... Grin

18-11-2021 16:32
Been working from home since march last year - but walk away from taht laptop at 4pm not to return til 7:30 next day! lol you?

08-11-2021 07:31
How are you doing guys? Working from home day and night, or quit your job? Kisses!

07-06-2021 20:22
still alive, TBC classic on the menu these days!

26-04-2020 19:50
Hi Guys! Not playing wow but still alive! How are you all? Kisses! Wink

27-01-2020 13:49
I played Classic until I was nearly level 60. It needs The Burning Crusade really for me though. I am lurking around Daggerspine again for a while, trying to get used to the changes lol

24-01-2020 09:29
Komodo (Antique) and Thebizzy are playing WoW classic these days. You're more than welcome to join us if you'd like. We're on the Bloodfang server =)

08-01-2020 18:26
Hey guys, Hope you are all well for 2020! Still think about our old raiding days and honestly miss it and you lot. xxx

08-09-2019 21:11
Hello! How is everyone? Are some of us still playing? Wow classic maybe? I miss the whole thing... kisses!

10-08-2019 14:34
there is a tbo discord server now https://discord.gg
/pfBNpyg

10-08-2019 13:33
doing a great job keeping the page alive ! so clasit where are we going ?

20-12-2018 22:25
TBO FOREVER! Grin

Top Top  3,499,752 unique visits  Top Top